Chinese Energetic Medicine and Medical Qigong Therapy Training
- Professor Jerry Alan Johnson, DMQ, International Institute of Medical Qigong (IIMQ), Pacific Grove, CA. DMQ certificate, 2003. Teaching authorization - Medical Qigong Therapy, Master of Medical Qigong (MMQ) level.
- Western District Medical Qigong Science and Traditional Chinese Medicine Research Institute (Beijing, China) - Doctorate - DMQ (China), Doctor of Medical Qigong. 2003 Specialization Medical Qigong Oncology. License # 98026.09.
Post Graduate Medical Qigong Therapy Training
- Bernard Shannon, DMQ, IIMQ international training center, Palm Desert, CA.
Chinese energetic medicine and Medical Qigong Therapy.
Advanced Teaching Authorization, Medical Qigong Therapy, 2011.
Acknowledges ability to create and hold spiritual and healing energy of the teaching environment, in addition to teaching competency.
- Seth Lefkowitz, DC, DMQ, San Jose, CA.
Medical Qigong Gerontology doctoral training.
- Naropa University, Boulder, CO, BA — Contemplative Psychology, emphasis Carl Jung and Western Alchemy, 1993.
- Isabelle Duffy, Boulder, CO, three-year Jungian analysis (as a client), corresponding with academic Naropa coursework and independent study.
- Michael Yapko, PhD, Carlsbad, CA, Certificate in Clinical Hypnosis and Brief Psychotherapy, a 100-hour comprehensive and intensive course, 2018.
Master Class in Clinical Hypnosis and Brief Psychotherapy, a two-day training, 2019.
Bellingham, WA, The Social Contagion of Depression, a one-day psychotherapy training, 2019.
San Diego, CA, Master Class in the Treatment of Depression with Clinical Hypnosis and Brief Psychotherapy, a two-day training, 2019.
- Sister Joan Pokorny, Program Director, Spiritual Direction 2-year certification, Mt. Angel Benedictine Sister's Monastery, Mt. Angel, OR, 2010.
- Eva Wong, PhD, Spiritual Qigong, Lineage Carrier, Xiantianwujimen and Yi Chuan Qigong, Levels 1–5.
- Dao Zhang Shifu Bernard Shannon, DTCM, DMQ (China), Daoist Disciple (Dizi) of, in the Dragon’s Gate lineage. Exploring the lineage basis of Daoist medicine. 2013.
- Zen, mindfulness, 1975.
- Chogyam Trungpa, Refuge, 1978.
- Chogyam Trungpa, Vajradhatu Buddhist Seminary, 1981.
Bodhisattva and Vajrayana vows.
Meditation instructor authorization, Shamhala, 1984.
- Lila Rich, Shambhala Training Director authorization, 1984.
- Ngondro (tantra preliminary practice) instructor authorization, 1990
- Acharya Pema Chodron, training and supervision.
- Acharya Reginald Ray, training and supervision.
- Sakyong Mipham, Rigden Abshika, SSL training.
- Acharya John Rockwell, mentor.
- Chaplain authorization, 2010.